Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Poetry: Psalms

Psalm 23
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want:
 He maketh me down to lie
In pastures green; he leadeth me
 The quiet waters by.

My soul He doth restore again,
 And me to walk doth make
Within the paths of righteousness,
 E'en for His own Name's sake.

Yea, though I walk in Death's dark vale,
 Yet will I fear none ill;
For Thou art with me; and Thy rod
 And staff me comfort still.

My table Thou hast furnishèd
 In presence of my foes;
My head Thou dost with oil anoint,
 And my cup overflows.

Goodness and mercy all my life
 Shall surely follow me;
And in God's house for evermore
 My dwelling-place shall be.



Dominus pascit me, et nihil mihi deerit;
 in pascuis virentibus me collocavit,
 super aquas quietis eduxit me.
Animam meam refecit.
 Deduxit me super semitas iustitiae propter nomen suum.
Nam et si ambulavero in valle umbrae Mortis,
 non timebo mala, quoniam Tu mecum es,
 virga Tua et baculus Tuus,
 ipsa me consolata sunt.
Parasti in conspectu meo mensam
 adversus eos, qui tribulant me;
 impinguasti in oleo caput meum,
 et calix meus redundat.
Etenim benignitas et misericordia subsequentur me
 omnibus diebus vitae meae,
 et inhabitabo in domo Domini
 in longitudinem dierum.

By Jayson with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives